Sender:
From:
Paula Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:40:35 -0800
I am finding that there is a significant disconnect in the realm of records
management.  Not to develop a significant debate, but I was caught by the
idea that there is Records Management, then there is Lifecycle management
in a information management or technology sense.

When did RIM become so divorced from it's roots?

No particular need to answer this rather rhetorical question, but it seems
that communicating RIM and what it entails is lost in the shuffle.

Paula Johnson
Director, Administrative Records
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, UCtr 108 MS 0014
La Jolla, CA 92093

telephone: 858-534-2552
FAX 858-534-6523

Excerpt:
At 04:40 PM 3/7/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>I work at the Delphi Group, and Records Management systems and
>practices are one aspect of content lifecycle concerns that we cover,
>from both the business/need angle, and the technological solutions to
>this issue.
>
>We are curious as to what Records Management professionals' perceptions
>are on a new category roll-up that we (Delphi Group) are investigating
>at the moment, which we are calling 'Content Security' - a melding of
>various aspects of content creation, re-use, destruction, and overall
>content lifecycle management, with emerging information security
>concepts and systems. We are primarily focused on digital/online
>content at this time.

email: [log in to unmask]