Sender:
From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:45:16 -0800
I really don't want to join the discussion on the RAIN postings. I feel
honor-bound, however, to defend the intellectual property of PaK.

Mr. Saklad,

I have had private monologues with you several times alternately asking
you and telling you to get a life. Buddy, you never seem to get a clue
that people really could care less about your vendettas against the
BPL. You seem to live in a world of vendettas and childish public
pouting when you don't get your way. That much is absolutely clear in
general and moreso in this instance. Over -- I don't know how many
years -- numerous persons have asked you to stop your spamming of
Listserves -- and this Listserve as well. You have been banned from
numerous Listserves. Like all good spammers, you have often changed
email addresses to avoid these bans. Your ISPs have been asked to
discipline you for violations of Listserve decorum and policy. At a
certain point, don't you get the message?

As for your attack on Peter, that has gone too far. I publicly request
that Mr. Saklad be banned from RECMGMT-L. I have put up with his wasted
electrons for entirely too long; even going to the extreme of blocking
his posts and email addresses. Mr. Saklad, you need to understand that
just because something is on the Internet, that doesn't make it free
for you to use as you please. There is a legal construct called
intellectual property. I suggest you educate yourself on it. PaK has
spent many hours refining RAIN at no cost to us and at considerable
expenditure of his own personal labor. I have my own Google search
terms as well -- sometimes I find things that he doesn't; more often
than not, he finds many more things than I do. Any idiot can construct
a search; I suggest that you do your own homework and figure it out
yourself. Peter gives us the outcome very freely; others might have
teased us for a while, then made RAIN a subscription service. Heck, PaK
might just do that at some point and it is in his best interest to
protect his search terms for that reason alone.

We have often admonished posters to this List to "show their work" when
asking for something from the List. We provide a lot of free
information here to people who contribute to the list or show us what
they have done before they came to the List with a question. The bottom
line is that you have to give, to get. I suggest that you remember
that, Mr. Saklad.

So keep your comments to yourself and learn to do your own work instead
of trying to steal the labor of others.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM

The comments expressed above are my own personal comments and do not
reflect the opinions of my employer or any other body that I am
affiliated with.