Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:52:16 -0700
From:
Andy von Busse <[log in to unmask]>
Good point. Not all of our oil goes to the U.S. and the oil we do sell is at
world prices. We pay actually pay more at the pump than in the U.S. because
of taxes that our federal government feels are required for social programs
that not everyone agrees with (OK, political commentary mode is now turned
off).

Also, most of our oil is in the tar sands. Recovery from these are higher
per barrel than traditional sources, however, the U.S. administration is
well aware of the consistent and reliable energy source that Alberta is. Our
provincial government has met with Cheney a number of times to discuss
issues around reliable supply.

Andy von Busse