Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:53:47 -0500
From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
I quite agree.  It'll take time before lawyers figure out how to use
these things, but standards and codes are as a rule quite popular with
lawyers (particularly when you are not in compliance with them) since
it gives them something objective against which to measure your behavior.

Re large law firms and records management practice groups, my guess is
that without a large infusion of new talent, most law firms are not
well-positioned to be rendering advice on records management matters.
There are, to be sure, legal issues, but sound advice on them requires
knowledge of many things -- information management principles,
technology issues, basic things like filing systems, etc. -- that most
lawyers simply do not have.

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va