Sender:
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:31:17 EST
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
RAIN (Records/Archives In the News) is a daily compilation of news from
around the world

PAPERLESS courthouse proposed
Corpus Christi Caller Times - Corpus Christi,TX,USA
... year, the county spent about $252,000 on records management. ... on
the staffing required to maintain paper documents and the time it takes
to move files around ...
<http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_news/article/0,1641,CCCT_811_3635229,00.html

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
Roanoke Times - Roanoke,VA,USA
... and other places say they regularly delete e-mails. Others still question
whether e-mails are public documents at all. Two Virginia laws govern
public records. ...
<http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke%5C20384.html>

US Aims to Charge Fees on FOIA Requests
Guardian - UK
... Energy Department FOIA officer Terry Apodaca told the Albuquerque (NM)
Journal on Dec. ... This helps us keep the scopes of FOIA requests more
manageable.''. ...
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4877750,00.html>

DOCUMENTING history
LaCrosse Tribune - LaCrosse,WI,USA
... The Archives and Local History Area consists not only of archival and
book materials, but includes newspaper clipping files, microfilm and
microfiche,
local ...
<http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2005/03/19/news/z1archives.txt>

ATTORNEY general sues St. Joseph museum over public documents
Kansas City Star - MO,USA
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - A St. Joseph museum has been sued by Attorney General
Jay Nixon for failing to provide records he requested for ...
<http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/11180699.htm>

MEDICAL records are wide open to computer hackers
Daily Mail - UK - UK
... from hackers targeting medical records stored on computer at leading
hospitals, a Daily Mail investigation has revealed. Confidential files
are potentially ...
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_arti
cle_id=341967&in_page_id=1774&in_a_source=>

COUNTY exchanges mountain of title paperwork for CDs
Athens Daily Review - Athens,TX,USA
... "The documents filed in our office, the deeds, land papers, we are
putting those through an imaging machine and then, after we do that, we
burn a CD, and make ...
<http://athensreview.com/articles/2005/03/18/news/news09.txt>

AMENDMENT joins Lincoln collection
Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - Fort Wayne,IN,USA
... The five others, she said, are in the Library of Congress, National
Archives, New York Historical Society, Illinois Historical Society and
Huntington Library ...
<http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/fortwayne/news/local/11180115.htm>