Sender:
From:
Amy Dymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:53:56 -0600
Hello All,

  E-Sign and best evidence rules advice, please.  I've just received word that as long as we have an imaged copy of all documents, that all hard copies can be destroyed.  The desire is to apply this across the board.  This applies to everything, including vital records.   Any alarms going off that I should be aware of?  I've pushed the envelope that if this route is chosen, then the life of the storage media should be clearly documented, and the guarantee that the systems and storage media will stay current and that no loss of media will occur during any future upgrades and media transitions.  (Image loss does occur in media transitions)  Should we not propose that the vital records be microfilmed as well as imaged?

This listserv is extremely resourceful!

Thank you,

Amy  J. Dymond
Supervisor Business Systems