Sender:
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:25:09 -0500
I wanted to respond to the question by Tod regarding involvement for
government records managers.   I would first disagree with the comment made
by Peter K. that the committees just set policy.   While we may engage in
such activities, GRECO is involved in many more activities.   If you note,
Frank Moore was mentioned in the one article.  Frank works for the lobbying
group in Washington D.C. that is employed by ARMA and he is instrumental in
getting ARMA in front of many of these committees and hearings.   Frank
works with GRECO also.  As the chair, I am asked to review items that are
being written for ARMA regarding government issues and provide input.   Much
of the work done by the committee is done electronically and the only time
we ever have a meeting is at the ARMA convention.  Several times the
committee has worked to provide responses to requests for comment from such
agencies as NARA and the SEC.   This information is provided to ARMA for
response as the international organization, not necessarily as GRECO.    I
would encourage those in the beltway to become active in GRECO.   The call
for committee members should be out shortly.   GRECO usually plans several
projects during a year, but some of them are unplanned, such as responding
to a request for public comment.  The planning for the year is done at the
annual meeting.     If anyone has any questions, please feel free to
contact.   I have been chair for three years and this is my final year as
chair.

Rae N. Cogar, Chair

GRECO

Cohasset Associates, Inc.