Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:30:15 -0600
Okay,  I went back out and reread the newspaper article on Iowa open
meeting laws.  It actually is broken into 2 proposed laws 1) HF32 which
extend the law to gatherings of members who constitute less than a
majority at each gathering , but who collectively constitute a majority of
the members, 2) This is where the lobbyist had the heartburn and relates
to the state legislature.  Its  required to post notices of subcommittee
meeting 24 hrs in advance but isn't required to follow the open meeting
rules ALTHOUGH they live under the intent of the law.  He says he's seen
legislators using IM between them- They're discussing the issue ,but not
in the open.  I wonder what the state policy on IM is or isn't?
Just a clarification on a beautiful spring morning in Iowa.

Steve