Sender:
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:14:56 -0700
"OK, so tell me how you really feel..."

Okie dokie...
I know about higher education; I started off in RIM at a large
University system in my 'hometown.'  Got my basic training and mentoring
there for a few years; then went after more money and superior
benefits...; which took me across country and into a different industry;
energy.  I loved it there just as much or more than  I did at the
University; got a heck of a lot better funding for and cooperation with
the program; and the salary and benefits (including stock, retirement;
etc.) were far better than the Univ.  Having a choice of organizations
that all offer interesting and varied program and project challenges,
excellent educational benefits, and low pay or high pay...; I will take
high pay every time.  Some may say ho fo da money; others say career
progression and doing good financial things/creating opportunity for
your family and yourself.

I do not have an issue with the Univ of Denver trying to hire an
experienced RIM Mgr. with a CRM and a graduate degree for $50K.
However, their expectations are unrealistic if they want talent, work
ethic, and the credentials they seek for the dollars they offer.   Maybe
they can get an archivist or a "professional student" for that type of
money.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno