Sender:
From:
Michael Sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:30:55 -0600
All the paper I handle is pristine.  If you mean unused, no.  I could've just taken unwrapped reams of bond paper and packed them in until it was full and multiplied that by 500 but I used an existing set of archived documents packed in the usual size archive box (I know, there is no "usual" size archive box).

I don't understand the question, "what was the space given to research the papers without going crazy?"  I though making RM a career was enough to ensure that that question never should be asked.

Of course some had staples but there weren't enough staples to say something like "without staples the capacity would increase by 33%".  As far as other "hindrances" of course things like folders were in the box but the inch that I counted on (as I recall from a time when records managers were not to be seen or heard)was a continuous mass of paper.

Why doesn't someone just take 45 minutes and count or take four ten minute breaks over the next week or so and come up with something acceptable.  That way the "Less than 3000 gang" and the "3000 or more gang" can consolidate into the "We agree on how many pieces of paper are in an archive box" gang.

MS