Sender:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:55:08 EDT
Guess everyone is getting into this act, so why not add one more. In the
good old days a cubic foot box was 10'x12'15". Commercial records center
considered space the factor so they took the outside of the box and the  cover to
call it 1.2 cu.ft. and increased their revenue by 20%. In the good old  days we
also said that a letter-size drawer took a box and a half or 1.5 cf , a  legal
size drawer took 2 boxes or 2 cf and an open shelf file took 2cf. Contents
ran from 2400 to 3000 sheets depending on folders, dividers and those keep them
together items. It got less with acco fasteners, closer to the 2400. All
depends  on the reason why you need a document count. In some cases for open shelf
filing  we would take a sample actual count of a number of shelves and use it
as a  general measure. Was quite accurate when we went to a scanning process.

On that note I'm offer to my get-a-way in Big Bear Mountain.

Bill Benedon