Sender:
From:
"Carol E.B. Choksy, Ph.D., CRM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:52:59 -0400
Jean:

When I have had to do this my first question is always, what work are we doing? What I found is that RIM departments in different organizations have a wide variety of assigned duties and what you are doing affects how many people within your own department.

For example: Does your department inter-file documents? Then you need to find out #pages/day and how many pages/day an average worker can file. Do you manage electronic records? If you don't have a document or content management application, this requires huge amounts of clean-up support to ensure duplicates are kept to a minimum and documents are appropriately assigned to folders.

You will get lots of other great advice from this listserv. Mine is only one starting point.

Best of luck!
Carol

Carol E.B. Choksy, Ph.D., CRM
CEO