Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:20:15 -0500
From:
Kathleen Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Tim - we are using the DR 5060-F.  So far have really gotten a lot of
mileage out of it.  We have been able to make several County offices very
happy because we have the increased abilities for records media with no real
increased costs to the departments.  For example:  Adult Probation records
can be disposed of after 5 years, and because of space we really need to,
but, questions can come up years later and the paperwork is really
necessary.  Now we scan the documents and give Adult Probation a copy in
Adobe and shred the paper.  Microfilming would also be an option, but it is
actually rather expensive even for processing due to the volume (and they
have no money!)