Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:40:12 -0500
From:
Carolyn Trim <[log in to unmask]>
 There have been many questions regarding electronic records in the various
stages of their lifecycle.  I am passing on a resource that I receive just
to browse and keep a birds eye view of what is going on in the IT industry
regarding management.  As you will see, the topics may be technical, but
here is a resource that advocates RIM management ideas and products that
manage to the IT staff.

Also let me state upfront.  I am not associated with TechRepublic nor any
product that they advocate.  I gleen topics as a resource and read in detail
if I think I can use as a resource for current or future eRIM management
issues.

Carolyn Trim
Houston

RECOVER DELETED E-MAIL
http://ct.com.com/click?q=2c-DafOIc0g7ho92DHqXlAdp7VprZEk
This 30-page download pulls together TechRepublic resources that will help
you restore Exchange mailboxes with ExMerge, recover Outlook e-mail using
offline folders, track down load data with EnCase, and develop a solid
Exchange 2003 disaster recovery plan.

WEBCAST: A STRONG ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY PROTECTS YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR
EMPLOYEES
http://ct.com.com/click?q=96-pjrWQtdfM9qMkmR7Bf8mGjy40Ljn
Hear Nancy Flynn, Executive Director of the ePolicy Institute and
Jennifer Hackett, St. Bernard Software Product Manager, explain why a
properly enforced Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) should be the linchpin of
your business's online risk management plan. This Webcast also features
expert advice on how to enforce your AUP and protect your business with
help from St. Bernard products.

http://whitepapers.techrepublic.com/abstract.aspx?docid=150671&promo=400534
Overview: Complying with today's complex web of laws and regulations has
been a daunting task for companies, swallowing up large amounts of personnel
and technology resources. But regulatory compliance has also produced a
silver lining of sorts, forcing many businesses to get their houses in order
and giving them the money and justification to do so. During this on-demand
Webcast from ZDNet, you'll learn how compliance can be used as a lever of
change and opportunity across the enterprise.
Note: This premium editorial content is underwritten by Computer Associates.
The registration information you provide will be shared with our sponsor.
Topics:  Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, Infrastructure Management,
Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC Rule 17A-4, etc.

Build Your Own: E-mail Usage Policy
http://techrepublic.com.com/5138-22-5230666.html
Whether you are discussing a specific organization or the general modern
culture, e-mail is an integral part of the communication infrastructure.
However, this popularity also means that e-mail is subject to a multitude of
misuses and abuse, which, at the very least, annoy and frustrate. This is
where download Build Your Own: E-mail Usage Policy comes in. This is an
early version of the E-mail Usage Policies, addressing appropriate end-user
e-mail use.
For the next version, we would like to expand and enhance the coverage of
this policy template. We want to know what is missing from Build Your Own:
E-mail Usage Policy and we will incorporate the best community provided
ideas directly into Version 2.0 of the download.