Sender:
From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:07:07 -0400
Bruce (etal),

I missed the discussion in September, so please forgive the re-hash here ...

A few of us have been having that same conversation off-list today.  Personally, I'm a little steamed that ARMA put that on the Newswire without some sort of caveat/disclaimer/challenge/opposing point of view.  I'm all for looking at all sides of an issue, however I don't think they have done our profession a service by sharing his point (in your words), "hey guys, don't listen to your records manager" without acknowledging that the article is contrary to what our profession believes is a more appropriate approach.  For those new to our profession, it may prove to be a source of real confusion.

I agree that it is a golden opportunity for ARMA and hope to see the rebuttal soon!

And thanks for indulging my rant!

Julie

Julie Colgan
Manager of Records Services
Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
Tel: 404.873.8164
Fax: 404.439.1811
[log in to unmask]  <mailto:[log in to unmask] >