Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:16:15 -0700
...the bane of my life is management by airline
> magazine, so the more we all know about what's being published, ESPECIALLY
> the stuff we don't agree with, the better.

Then we better start having some discussions on EMR/EHR REAL DARN SOON
around here. Not only is it popping up in airline magazines (Southwest this
month) but in all the financial rags, because the vendors are backed by BIG
corporations...one of the largest is General Electric... and the DHHS is
using the disasters that befell medical records improperly protected by
healthcare professionals during Katrina as leverage to push their ill-though
out plans for everything to be imaged, stored and "made available online".

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/1185

They're even turning their heads the other way regarding privacy laws to
prove that it works.

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/994

Take a look at the articles that are nested links in these posts for further
information.

Larry

--
Larry Medina