Sender:
From:
David Singley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:31:40 -0500
List Members -

I am in a predicament here in Georgia.  A number of departments within my county are scanning documents AND maintaining the hardcopy - unfortunately my record center is the recipient of those hardcopy files.  I have some support for a policy that will designate the electronic version as the official record and mandate destruction of the hardcopy (or at least not allow it into the county record center).  Does anyone have any experience with something like this, particularly in a government environment?

David Singley
Records Management Officer
Gwinnett County Government, GA
770-822-7060