Sender:
From:
"Train, TK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:16:50 -0700
 Good Afternoon from Bronco Country!

In a past life I was deeply involved in bringing document imaging into
the workplace to streamline the customer service capabilities in our
organization.  Now, I'm talking 1980's when this was "bleeding edge
technology".  I fully remember keeping logs of what records were scanned
when and by whom, consistently following detailed procedures for
scanning, indexing and quality control checks -- all so that I, as the
records custodian at the time, could testify in court as to the
authenticity of the records in question.

Skupsky's retention schedule from Retention Manager3 clearly states a
retention period for logs and procedures for electronic imaging
projects.  Yet, I have spent much of my time today "googleing" and
looking in archives (listserv) for documentation regarding such
procedures and precautions.  I haven't found any documentation.... can
anyone tell me where I might find this documentation for my manager...
or have imaging systems evolved so much that these type of procedures
and controls are no longer necessary?

Thank you in advance!

GO BRONCOS!

TK Train, CRM, MIT