Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:55:52 -0600
Thomas,

 Good question and one that is hard to answer if someone really wants to
circumvent the process.

We've taken time during our training to talk about process work arounds
and their effect on both the Company and the employee.  We use the fact
that it creates additional risk, liability and litigation costs to the
company and this risk and liability could extend to the individual
employee.  Education is key and the cost to the bottom line doesn't hurt
either as our company has a bonus system (IPP) set on key financial goals
of the company including earnings per share.  We've also made it a
violation of the  companies electronic message policy.

The things we stress not to do as a work around in our particular process
fall into 2 categories
Those that  could cause increased risk,liability,and cost to both the
company and the individual by making the discovery process larger or
extend to the individual employee
            - Moving to an alternate media (CD's,DVD's, Stick or other
portable devices)
            - Moving to another drive of work computer
            - Moving to an alternate email account
            - Moving to home computer
2.     Those that can be discovered through the audit process being
developed and cause disciplinary action against the employee
            - Forward messages to yourself
            - Mass move messages into a retention series or in our case
Business Value

Hope this helps

Steve Petersen CRM
Sr. Records Administrator