Sender:
From:
Graham Kitchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:06:12 -0700
Wow!! This simple question has set of a real fire storm.

But I think we are forgetting that Records Management is managing the
information from creation/collection to final disposition.  This
includes Mail Management on the collection end, Forms Management on the
creation end (and along with this Procedures Management, because when
you do the analysis on the form you know the procedure requirement), and
if imaging at the collection point has been found to be the most logical
point, then so be it.  If  this works for your organization.... great.
If not... don't do it.  There are very few absolutes in Records
Management.  It depends on budget, personalities and corporate culture.
You have to take what works for you and your organization and run with
it.

GT

Graham Kitchen
Corporate Records Manager
Unified Western Grocers
5200 Sheila Street
Commerce, California 90040
Telephone:  (323)264-5200 Extension 4560
Cell:  (323)243-1865
email:  [log in to unmask]