Sender:
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:17:08 -0400
Hello All

"I would like everyone to step away from what we do now, and our own
current job descriptions, and look at what the Records Management
Profession should look like.  I would like to take the "but we do it this
way" out of the discussion.

A) If you look at it that way, do you think Mailroom functions should be
part of our Records Management Competencies?

B)If so, Why? If not, Why not?

C) And, if you are thinking in the area of electronic/imaging, would you
call it part of the mailroom, or is it really a part of the records
management function?"

A) My opinion is that the mailroom functions should not be included within
the RM competencies
B) I believe that the two functions require different specialized
knowledge, skills and expertise
C) I would include Imaging as part of the RM function

My thoughts only...
Dan Jones
Honda of America Mfg
Records Administrator
Records Information Center
937.642.5000  X61239

Confidentiality Notice:
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the party or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and erase all information and attachments.