Sender:
From:
Tommy Fricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:15:23 -0500
On 2/9/07, Virginia A. Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > They are now looking for someone with more years of experience,
> preferably
> with a large company or law firm, do not require the CRM and have
> increased the
> salary range. <
>
> Interesting. They drop the CRM requirement BUT raise the experience
> requirement and the salary. Apparently they do not see the connection
> between
> better pay and experience and a CRM designation.

As a consultant for one of the leading ECM/RM companies in the world, I can completely understand the change in their direction to remove the CRM Requirement.

It's interesting to note, percentage wise of some of my consultant opportunities at very large to very small engagements ( a little of over 30 type RM Engagements), I have only had the opportunity to work with a Records Manager that had a CRM designation maybe twice.

To me, that seems the pool of CRM Professionals is still pretty small vs. requesting a BS or MS degree, or in lieu of all the above "equivalent experience."

I've met some very professional Records Managers that had very solid programs (Larry Medina included) that didn't have a CRM designation.

To end my highly winded note, I truly believe a persons "total make-up" is what is important... give or take any certifications.

Tommy