Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:23:56 -0500
From:
Wess Jolley <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hey Folks...

I'm working with our Human Resources departments on a couple of projects, one of which is an attempt to get standardized records management responsibility language included in key administrative position descriptions.

My question to the group:  Have any of you had experience with such a process?  Do you have examples of the kind of language you've settled on for particular job categories?  What kind of complications and roadblocks came up in the process?  Have you found it useful to have RM responsibilities included in job descriptions?

I'd love to hear experiences, both good and bad, about the idea of having RM responsibilities appear in administrative position job descriptions across an institution...

Thanks!

--Wess Jolley, CRM
  Records Manager
  Dartmouth College