Sender:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:24:21 -0500
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Management also want you to "show" them that the money invested in records management is worth it?  They want to know what the return is on their investment?  How much money are we going to save?  Well if you put oil in your car or rust proof it, there are costs savings, but you have a more efficient and well preserved vehicle.  You invest in insurance or, not because it saves money, but for the future.  Employees or Human Capital as we are called now cost money, but do we save money?  Investing in records management will save you money in litigation costs because if you can't find your records..... Also having to reproduce records all the time because you don't know what you have or where to find them costs money.  These are costs that "could" occur.  How do you put a price on the intangible.  It is difficult to quantify efficiency or quality isn't it.  Records Managers have been dealing with this same issue since I can remember.  It is exasperating isn't it!

p.s. OT did you hear about the giant squid which was caught I believe in NZ.  It was 450 kilograms or 9992 lbs.  Wow! Talk about a record!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6385071.stm

John Gervais
613-946-0245
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The opinions expressed in this post are personal and do not represent that of my employers.