Sender:
From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:19:39 -0600
Doug, Peter, et al, many thanks for the updates on this issue today and
I am glad that relief may be in sight in short order - despite the fact
that we all know that "haste makes waste" and "too many cooks spoil the
broth" and thus the outcome may not be what we hope for.

The property record issue hit "home" with me today when my son, who
works as a land man in a court house in East Texas, returned home from
vacation to find that he is essentially shut off from the records which
are the source of his livelihood.

It is hard to weigh the obvious need to protect identities from the
equally important need to distinguish one person from another.
Certainly we don't have a good solution now.

Another side personal beef related to SS number misuse is related to a
retailer of women's clothes (whom I will not name but whose name is
reminiscent of a famous nursery rhyme about two individuals toiling up a
hill to get some H2O), uses my SS inappropriately.  I had to provide the
SS to get a card and if I want to make a purchase and don't have the
card, they will ask me for my SS#.  I have chosen not to buy something
because of it, but DARN I like their clothes!

Mary Hilliard, CRM