Sender:
From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:37:14 +1100
David

I would never, ever try to limit or reduce the amount of email sent and
received in the course of business. If communication must occur, it must
occur.

It is possible that other systems could be employed to facilitate
communication/collaboration/teamwork etc, but then you will probably
have similar problems managing them.

If you want to reduce the number of non-work related messages, you will
probably have to do this by education. Sure, you could monitor
statistics from your mail server, but someone would have to have a look
to see if people are abusing their privileges. Of course, you will have
to have some policies in place outlining what is acceptable or not.  If
you don't explicitly say that you cant do some stuff, you cant expect
people to automatically not do it.

John Lovejoy
My own views, not my employers.