Sender:
From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:43:54 -0700
Not sure if this is happening outside of Oregon, but the following
Oregonian editorial (co-written by our own District Attorney as well as
the DA for neighboring Clackamas County) touches on the issue of
governments using claims of attorney client privilege to make public
records confidential in perpetuity, often in ways that are pretty
spurious. I'm happy to add a personal note that this is yet another
recent example of local elected officials emphasizing the importance of
public records access and governmental transparency, both in the press
and in my own internal dealings with them:

http://www.oregonlive.com/commentary/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/editorial
/117400832464480.xml&coll=7

Hey, its sunny here right now, in more ways than just the weather!

Dwight Wallis, CRM

Records Administrator

Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)

1620 S.E. 190th Avenue

Portland, OR 97233

Phone: (503)988-3741