Sender:
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:19:53 -0500
From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
>>More to the point, who has to pay the fines (if there are any), suffer
the consequences of bad press,  and penalties for providing credit
checks for a year, when it happens?<<

Herein lies my point.  It is the organization who is held accountable,
not the service provider.  And it's not just IM.  I recall numerous
RAINdrops where the responsible party was a contractor (other than IM)
who had the data on a laptop or other device.  It is reality that
matters and the reality is that the organization compromised is the one
held responsible, not the organization that does the compromising.  Want
proof, how many articles have you seen blaming TJMaxx for the loss of
credit card information that lead to the fraud in Florida.  Folks are
screaming for their heads.  It cannot be the fault of the poor, lost
souls who hacked into the system, stole the data and perpetrated the
fraud.

>>C'mon Bill... I know you fish... now tell me, do you put bait on a
lure to make sure you get a bite?<<

Actually I do.  For salmon I use WD-40, for walleye I use Dr. Juice.
http://www.rd.com/content/fishing-solutions/
http://www.bluefox.com/products/dr_juice_scents.php

>>so do you fire both barrels of a double barrel shotgun to make the
pattern wide enough to make sure you knock down a bird in flight?<<

Only if there are two birds.

>>TWO BAGS<<

I am not going there...ever.

Bill R