Sender:
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:47:21 -0400
From:
Charles Childress <[log in to unmask]>
> From: John Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:01:55 -0700
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Job posting of interest
>
> What this tells me is that the CRM designation and the requirements to attain
> it are not understood by many of the organizations asking for it. This is a
> situation that begs to be rectified, and looks like much more work is needed
> from both ARMA and ICRM to continue to educate organizations and agencies.

Well said John and I agree totally. Unfortunately, this has been an issue
for many years now with seemingly little progress in many areas of the
country. Of course regional economics play into the salary ranges but they
still seem either to come up way short or on the low end, for the
qualifications they would like to have.

It appears that the more well educated organizations and industries, where
RIM is seen as a vital part of operations, are the ones in which salaries
are reasonable. I'm not sure these more well educated organizations are
doing this because of anything our profession has done, but may be more
compliance driven to RIM through the various regulatory and legislative
requirements over recent years.

So the question still remains...How does ARMA, ICRM and we the
professionals, get us form here to there? I don't really know, but it seems
to me a nation-wide marketing plan might help.

Pass the popcorn please.

Charles