Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:57:36 -0500
Mary/Chis,

You are correct that there is a void in using the old paper/handwritten
lab books but there are products on the market.  The problem I see is that
with everything being done electronic anymore engineers are using existing
systems as the IP repositories and not managing them (go figure).  The
engineers don't want to be limited by having to put or re-put all the
required information into a special lab notebook tool as they consider it
non-value added.  Until your IP lawyers scream loud enough and they make
an electronic lab notebook system either part of the standard engineering
tool set package or lose some valuable IP I've got bigger fights to fight.
 I've brought it up and they've been alerted- I know it sounds tragic but
reality has set in.

My 2 cents

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager