Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:29:27 -0400
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Chuck:
We are a water utility.  We snapshot our GIS distribution and meter
reading route "maps" once a year as pdf and save to a shared drive
(eventually to go into an EDMS).  If major changes are made to the
distribution system, we snapshot the new map once revision is complete.
The maps and drawings of the system are considered permanent.  The meter
reading maps have a retention of 3 years after superseded.  The plant
drawings (which are composed and maintained via AutoCAD, not GIS) have a
retention of "once facility is destroyed."

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division