Sender:
From:
Charis Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:26:36 -0400
I hadn't seen anything on the LIST about this yet, if I missed it and this
is duplicated, I apologize.

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?
newsid=18172798&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=6

****Philadelphia - The man who stole 165 Civil War documents from the
National Archives Philadelphia office pleaded guilty to theft yesterday,
and could spend as much as a decade in prison for it.
Denning McTague, 40, of Philadelphia, pleaded guilty in federal district
court to smuggling letters and telegrams written by Civil War soldiers. Of
the 165 documents he stole, he managed to sell between 70 and 80 of them
on the goods-swapping Web site eBay.***

For what it is worth,what I personally find disturbing is that this theft
was allowed to take place even after the fiasco with Sandy Berger in
2005.  That coupled with the fact that the only reason it was discovered
was that outsiders notified NARA.

Charis Wilson, MLS, CRM