Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:25:42 -0500
From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
This is a great time to reinforce two things.

First, while records professionals can't always force a solid program, they
do need support from the highest levels of the company which I'm guessing
Worldcom may not have prioritized.

Second, records professionals are living in a new world where they must face
the challenge of electronic records and the challenge of strong
communication skills to alert their companies not just to the risks of poor
recordkeeping, but must communicate with the skill of a project manager the
benefits to the business of analyzing business processes and workflows so
company information is managed intentionally with integrity and efficiency
which can be demonstrated.  Office politics can make you weary, but remember
Mark Langemo's encouragement that you CAN do it.  The case is almost always
there.