Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:49:03 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 4/10/07, Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm already called the "E Mail Nazi" in some circles of the company and
> while I'm in complete agreement with you on the matter I'm not sure my
> health would fare well with the above  :)  Plus I think the better half
> thinks I'm worth more to her deceased than taking up space on the couch.

If one looks at the US v PM case the court ordered the following
"... that Philip Morris and Altria Group are precluded from
calling as fact or expert witnesses at trial any individual who has
failed to comply with Philip Morris' own internal document
retention program,"

talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

the key is how serious is the company about being in compliance. Are
they just "talking the walk?" or do they really want to "walk that
talk"? Compliance is a carrot or stick proposition. Now point 4 in my
reply wasn't a must have, but if a company is really serious about
their compliance program tying it back to a bonus program is key.

for example at my current employer we have certain training that we
have to take. You either took the training or you didn't. Completion
of the training is worth X % of the MBO/performance goals. maybe that
is all you have to do.

Now. Is that sufficient if your company is hauled into court and your
compliance program is called into question? it all depends. Each
company/organization needs to perform a risk analysis.

Mine better half knows I'm worth more dead than alive which gets to me
wondering sometimes why I'm still walking around ;-)

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va