Sender:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:50:50 -0700
From:
Paul Wadley <[log in to unmask]>
And those of us from England but living and work in the US still wouldn't have a clue... :)

Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Thanks for defining it. Those who are not from the N. California area
would not necessarily know the acronym for the school. If you had said
OSU, those in Ohio, Oklahoma, and Oregon would have assumed you were
making reference to different universities. USC; those in S. Carolina
see it as a different university than those in S. California. Same with
MU; is it Missouri, Michigan, Marshall, Marquette, etc?

The point is that we should be specific with acronyms that are not
universally known.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/12/2007 10:09 AM >>>
SJSU is San Jose State University (in Northern CA). They offer all
online
MLIS degree program, which I am currently enrolled.