Sender:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:09:42 -0700
From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>

I looked at the information, but how I read it was that it wouldn't be
accredited by the ALA (which I'm guessing is the American Library
Association), but they are trying to get WASC approval (I don't know
what that stands for but it's an organization that does accreditation
for schools). So I imagine it like having a program that offers a degree
in a discipline closely related to legal that isn't approved by the
American Bar Association. I don't really see it as a problem. If it
really is heavy on the RIM side, I wouldn't care if Librarians approved
of it or not. No slam on librarians, mind you, but in my mind,
librarianship is distinct from RIM. Now the archives portion, maybe not
so much.

Nolene

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes