Sender:
From:
"J. Michael Pemberton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:49:13 -0400
The Committee on Accreditation of the American Library Association accredits programs in library and information science (LIS). <http://www.ala.org/ala/accreditation/accredstandards/index.htm> ALA is not tied to the ABA.

It is possible for COA to accredit programs outside of LIS within an LIS program, but some time needs to pass and the program would need to prepare for an accreditation request--no simple feat. I have a feeling that this new program is more of a focus or concentration rather than a "degree."

Mike