Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:20:16 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 4/13/07, Gary Grieme <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> <they were trying to comply with requirements of the Hatch Act to ensure that government issued computers weren't being used for political purposes>
>
> Maybe some of them, maybe some of the time.  My impression though is whenever certain people wanted certain email conversations off the public record, they'd just hop over to their private account.

I think this points up why training is so critical. and why reviewing
on a regular basis is so important. People get into the habit of doing
certain things. Now I'm sure there are folks out there that would say
it was plan all created by the master Karl Rove to avoid using any
government system.

I maintain 5 different email accounts for a variety of reasons. I try
very hard to keep my business email account strictly for business
purposes but that is not 100% attainable. It takes constant reminding
to folks what email address to use.

Its like reminding folks how to set their listserv subscriptions to
nomail or how to unsub. Anytime an admin message is posted about those
two subjects i know that there will be a flurry of activity and all of
it wrong!. Just this morning I've handled 3 requests that were sent to
the wrong address.

so do I believe that the current administration was doing something
nefarious? not really (but I know charles and others will disagree). I
believe honest mistakes were made.

Its like listening to Senator Leahy yesterday spouting off about how
the emails can't be lost they can be found. And all I could think of
was the missing Rose Law Firm billing records that mysteriously
appeared after a 2 year search.

I would hope all of us if placed into a situation like in the WH could
honestly distinguish which email account to use.

Its like the nuns taught me years ago about pointing a finger at
someone, you have 3 pointing back at you.

nuff said, discuss amongst yourselves. i'm out of this fray.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va