Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:27:45 -0500
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Chris.... in politics, no matter what the party affiliation, there is
always at least the temptation to cut things as closely as is possible
to the "letter of the law".....while continuing "business as
usual".......

If there had been "real training" here...or elsewhere...  I have a
difficult time imagining that high level executives would merely follow
the training that had been provided.  Can you imagine the furor that
would be created if there were training and that trainers were "fired"
or otherwise disciplined for having "failed" to provide adequate policy
training?  Would we not now here the term "scapegoat" used in
conjunction with the poor trainers?

Besides, these days....with that "gotcha environment", it would be a
tough challenge to perform one's duties while being 100% safe legally.
I sometimes (though rarely) almost feel a bit sorry for public servants
who are sometimes caught up in such challenges.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+