Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 10:57:08 -0500
From:
Greg Schildmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
>PeterK said:
for the survey to be valid from year to year it should  be constructed
by a polling company and should be sent to a representative
population. This population should include members of IT, RIM, Legal,
and C-level management, members of ARMA, AIIM and possibly SAA.

what is the purpose of the survey? is it to take the pulse of
electronic records management from year to year? If so then construct
a proper survey. provide for cross-correlation. allow for deeper
analysis. for example a good survey would  with cross-correlation say
something like "Survey results show that RM believes X while IT mgrs
believe Y." that is not possible with this survey.<

Peter is dead on in his assessment, as are the others who commented on the
poor structure of this survey.  I last took it 2 years ago, and decided it
was so flawed that I wouldn't waste my time doing it again.  Particularly
after Cohasset/AIIM/ARMA released the results with great fanfare as the
"definitive word" on the state of electronic records, and it's statistics
were cited in many subsequent news articles.  I didn't feel there was enough
validity to the survey methods, structure, or questions to make those
claims, and decided to avoid providing any further appearance of legitimacy
by participating in the future.

I think the effort is commendable and useful, but they should do it
properly.

Greg Schildmeyer, CRM