Sender:
From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 09:03:40 +1000
Ruth

My personal opinion is that email (that is a record) should be captured
into your recordkeeping system and managed in the same way as every
other type of record your organisation has, not stuck into an email
vault.

My "official work related" opinion is summed up in the National Archives
of Australia Advice "Email archiving solutions are not recordkeeping
solutions" available at
http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/rkpubs/advices/advice69.html.
(Disclaimer - I wrote the advice.)

The more places you store records, the more places you have to worry
about managing. Different systems for different methods of transmitting
records does not make any sense to me at all.

John Lovejoy
My views, not theirs