Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:47:31 -0500
From:
"Savage, Jimmie" <[log in to unmask]>
Nancy:

There first question you need to answer is "how will we benefit from scanning the documents?" Will there be improved access, more efficient work processes, improved security, saved space, etc.? You should consider scanning the records where you can identify tangible benefits to having the in electronic form rather than paper, and not when you can't.

As far as frequency of scanning, that will all depend on the work flow associated with the records and where scanning fits in that flow. Where you are trying to eliminate paper from the  work flow scanning at the time of receipt (daily) is more likely. Otherwise you adapt the scanning cycle to however it best fits into the larger work process.

It winds up being very case specific. So you need to define your different cases. Whether and when to scan should follow logically from an analysis of those cases.

Feel free to contact me off list if you'd like to discuss in more detail.

Jimmie E. Savage, CRM
Manager, Member Data Services
Teacher Retirement System of Texas