Sender:
From:
Juanita Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:51:47 -0500
Thanks to everyone who provided vendors and comments.  I was contacted by other RM's and a couple vendors - I've noted "VENDOR CONTACT" to distinguish the two sources.

VENDOR	COMMENTS
VENDOR CONTACT: PELLI GROUP, George Cunningham, John Montana	"Of the three, I've worked with George Cunningham at a past firm specifically on retention schedules, and honestly, I was not overly impressed.  The research was good, but the development, organization, format and presentation of the schedules and associated policy were overly complex and cumbersome.  However, that was several years ago so they may have come along since then."

"I would also suggest that you talk with Cunningham and Montana (John Montana [log in to unmask] George Cunningham [log in to unmask]) whose focus is more toward law firm retention issues.  My Firm evaluated several vendors for an upcoming project and will most likely use Cunningham and Montana for that project."
InOutSource - www.inoutsource.com - Nancy Beauchmin, President	"I haven't worked with InOutSource at all, but they do have a good overall reputation."

" I can vouch for Eric and the good folks at InOutSource as well.  We used them for our Conflicts work and plan to use them for records as well."

" They are also heavily involved in many of our Records initiatives now as well our our Retention Policies."
Jim Coulson of Huron Consulting Group	"Also, I hear that Huron Consulting is building a RIM consulting practice, but I don't know if they are strictly corporate.  Mary Haider just went there - [log in to unmask]"
Larry Bates	Larry Bates has done some with law firms - [log in to unmask]

Iron Mountain
Atlantic Information Management Group - www.atlanticimg.com - Steve Krementz, Managing Partner	"I have worked with Steve at Atlantic on another initiative at my current firm and would happily hire and recommend him for anything RM related, but again haven't seen any schedules he's developed."
Total Documents Solutions (www.totaldocuments.com),
Information Requirements Clearinghouse
Baker Robbins (Terry Coan - [log in to unmask])
Zasio	"We used Zasio to help us design our retention schedule.  We aren't a law firm though.  We are in banking but have a large legal department.  Our law department was very pleased with the work they did."
Pitney Bowes Legal Solutions Records Management Group	A: Pitney Bowes Legal Solutions Records Management Group offers a retention schedule created with themselves and a large law firm and also offer annual updates.  It a law firm retention schedule created by legal subject matter experts.
Q: This sounds like a generic retention schedule. Does PB come in a tailor that retention schedule for individual law firms or do they  just apply this one?