Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:00:08 +0000
From:
"Manago, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I asked Jana Gallatin, who manages the DoD 5015.02 certification process to comment on this thread.    Her response is " The product doesn't "drift" because all versions supported by the vendor and made available for review are considered compliant.  Because of the component level testing capabilities, we can do a quick review of a patch or version change as the product matures.  At the same time, where vendors have install bases of previous versions that they are still supporting and that we have verified, those versions do not "lose" compliance for that base.  At some point the vendor will require an upgrade to a newer version because supporting older technology starts to become difficult as newer interfaces and solutions are integrated into the enterprise.

I think it makes our service significantly more valuable to both our government customers and the vendors that support them.  This was the intention for moving in this direction."

In my specific case, HP owns four different records management products that were or are DoD-certified.  We allowed the certification of one of those products to expire because that product was intended for the legal community.  We intend to maintain the certification of our three other products, Autonomy Records Manager, Meridio, and HP TRIM as we are committed to the Standard and to our customer base.  Two of the products (ARM and Meridio) were re-tested and received 'perpetual' certifications in December 2012.  HP TRIM will be re-tested for perpetual certification in March of this year.

As Jana stated, we requested and paid for perpetual certifications to assure our user base that we continue to stand by and support those older versions of our electronic records management solutions, until such time that HP releases its next generation records management product, and the user community is provided with a migration path to the next generation product.  That next generation product will also undergo the full vigor of the DoD certification tests.

Jana can be reached at: [log in to unmask]

Bill Manago, CRM  |  VP, Information Governance Solutions, Autonomy  | HP Software
954.876.9057 (o)  |  954.482.2977 (m)  | [log in to unmask]