Sender:
From:
Jana Gallatin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 16:48:33 -0400
Don,
I've been asked about your article by some of my DoD colleagues.  I think
they took the article negatively.  I certainly did not.  The standard needs
serious revision.  We are working on some really exciting things to move in
the "right" direction.  NARA and the Federal Records folks are working on
some neat things as well.

I have to chat with my point of contact at OSD/CIO before responding to
your blog post.  (Well, that and figuring out how to log in again ;-)  But, I
will post something.

Thank you for this opportunity to reach out and engage with non-govvies.
The more passionate brains we can bring into the conversation the better!

I don't know if you remember Mr. Mark Patrick at Joint Staff.  Ask him about
his iTribe ideas.  We had really good discussion this morning about how
people perceive information depending on their roles and how that affects
overall management of bits.   We were also informalling testing out a new
virtual meeting interface.  I hope we'll be able to bring non-govvies into
conversations using that tool.  It worked pretty well.

Take care,
jana