Sender:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2016 14:11:04 -0500
From:
Andrew Altepeter <[log in to unmask]>
Maybe at one time there were departments where budgets were plentiful and
money was not an issue. Maybe there are still organizations where this is
the case. But I have not encountered one. The reality I have experienced is
that there is no "safe spot." No department is immune to cuts just by
virtue of its existence. Any program must demonstrate value to survive.

Perhaps instead of asking where the program fits, we should be asking, how
can the program best align to the objectives of the business and
demonstrate meaningful value, regardless of org structure?

Andrew Altepeter