From:
"Golden, Steve (RBC Dain)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:19:08 -0500
I have to concur with Bruce and Peter on the matter.  In addition to
their analogy of the accounting and legal professions, I also see a
practical consideration.

As of today, there are less than 900 active CRMs in the world.  It's
also my interpretation the demand for professionals in our world looks
as though it will continue to exceed supply in the near term.  The
economics alone make me question the desire to sub-divide an already too
small group.

After four years of medical school, one enters a residency program to
work on their specialty.  Each specialty has it's own characteristics
and requirements; just like various industries for records managers.
General practice and family medicine is actually a specialty of it's
own--quite different from cardiology or surgery.

I think that a higher priority is to promote achievement of the CRM
designation.  When there are a few thousand CRM's it may be more
appropriate to look at greater possibilities.

I express this as a personal opinion, not as a statement from the ICRM
or it's Board of Regents.

Steve Golden, CRM