From:
Charles Childress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:05:27 -0400
http://tinyurl.com/gzxfu

Regarding the job posting at Charles Schwab:  "8+ years  related
exempt-level records management experience in a regulatory environment; 3 -
5+ years in a managerial capacity. Series 7, 24 & 63 licenses required;
Series licenses 8, 14 a plus.  Ability to understand and implement
Regulatory Record-keeping guidelines"

My point was just exemplified (in the above job posting) regarding
industries being under the false impression that we must be in the industry
to be effective as a RIM professional! Let's just say you did have all of
the securities specialization and licensure that this job requires. Isn't it
true that you would not be doing RIM in that industry if you have all of
these requirements? Wouldn't you be a broker/dealer instead?

Am I completely off the mark about this or would my RIM experience and
training enable me to deliver an effective RIM program that provides
securities industry regulatory compliance without taking years to obtain all
of the  broker/dealer licenses? Perhaps not, if I somehow lost the ability
to read and do research or if I were in an accident in which I received a
severe head injury.

Charles, a CRM without a securities industry certification or a Series 7, 24
& 63 licenses.

--
³No experiment can be more interesting than that we are now trying, and
which we trust will end in establishing the fact, that man may be governed

­Thomas Jefferson to John Tyler, 1804.