From:
Cathy Westfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:16:20 -0700
Here's a list of resources that I use:

Flexible Schedule Implementation by Federal Agencies Study (2008), National Archives and Records Administration
http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/resources/flexible-studies.html

Flexible Scheduling (NARA Bulletin 2010-03), National Archives and Records Administration
http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/bulletins/2010/2010-03.html

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Flexible Scheduling (2010), National Archives and Records Administration
http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/faqs/flexible-scheduling.html

Strategic Directions for Federal Records Management (2003), National Archives and Records Administration
http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/initiatives/strategic-directions.html

How to Win the Compliance Battle Using Big Buckets, Susan Cisco, Ph.D., CRM
The Information Management Journal, ARMA International, July/August 2008
http://content.arma.org/imm/JulyAug2008/How_to_win_the_compliance_battle.aspx

Lifting the Burden, J. Timothy Sprehe and Charles R. McClure
The Information Management Journal, ARMA International, July/August 2005

National Wildfire Coordinating Group, Incident Management Records
(this group has created a number of resources and tools for implementing their bucket schedule)
Policy and guidance, tools for incident management teams, tools for managing legacy records
http://www.nwcg.gov/policies/records/index.html

Streamlining Retention Schedules: The Benefits of “Big Buckets” (2007), White Paper, Iron Mountain
http://ironmountain.com/resources/records/big_buckets_white_paper.pdf

Trimming Your Bucket List – An Approach to Increasing Retention Compliance (an ARMA International Hot Topic, 2008)
http://www.arma.org/pdf/hottopic/sept2008.pdf
Includes the following articles:
Big Buckets for Simplifying Records Retention Schedules, Susan Cisco, Ph.D., CRM
Strategies for Improving Electronic Recordkeeping Performance, Bruce Miller
Legal Implications for Using Big Buckets, John Montaña, J.D.

Cathy Westfeldt, CRM
NARA
Laguna Niguel, CA