From:
Christine Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:15:09 -0600
My apologies if you have seen this email before. I'm not sure it was
received when I sent earlier this month.

I work for the Joyce Foundation
(in Chicago) as its records manager.

We use Concur to manage and process
expense reports, travel receipts, and the like. The expense reports, etc.
sit on Concur's servers, not ours.

Our records retention schedule says
that expense reports, receipts, etc. are to be destroyed after seven years.
Concur, however, says that its policy is to keep records through the life
of the contract, at which time records are returned to the customer (and no
longer held by Concur).

The upshot: Concur will hold our records well
beyond our retention schedule.

I know (now) that we should have included
a clause in our contract that requires Concur to destroy records in
accordance with our records retention schedule. Does anyone have any
contract language that they are willing to share? If so, I would love to
hear from you.

It's also been suggested that I (or my boss) simply write
a letter to Concur when it's time to destroy records--asking them to comply
with our records retention schedule. Have any of you tried this?

Again,
if you have contract language you are willing to share (or any other
insight re getting third-party vendors to destroy records as per records
retention schedule), please let me know.

Thank you.

CHRIS MARTIN

Research Associate/Records Manager

THE JOYCE FOUNDATION